Monday, March 21, 2011

Holy Sega Grails

Here are some grails I'm currently looking for, at a decent non wallet breaking prize...

Psycho Fox

This was the last game I purchased for the Sega Master System. They had it on clearance at Consumers Distributing way back when. The game is a interesting, unique platformer where you can switch around your characters, from a Fox to a Hippo and everything in between. The game was pretty difficult, but was completed while on vacation with my family in Viet Nam. Terrific Sonic / Mario clone :)

Streets of Rage 2

This is the only game on this list I've never owned. One of the main reasons why it's hre is because of the awesome soundtrack. I plan on using some of it in my upcoming flash project.

Cyber Shinobi

Another title I owned near the end of the Master System era. I believe this was a gift from one of my cousins living in Edmonton. The game is nothing like any Shinobi game. At first, it'll feel unresponsive, clunky, and downright ugly, but like most 8-bit games, you get used to it through repetition. Finished this one in Viet Nam as well. I wouldn't recommend it, but it does have a killer soundtrack.


SpellCaster

This is my grand daddy. My very first RPG, and an odd one at that. SpellCaster is a hodge podge blend of traditional point and click adventure, platformer and SHMUP. The game is dark, moody and quite creepy at it's time. It has many features that's similar to Kenseiden, mostly taking place in creepy feudal Japan, full of lore and monstrous myths. Again, this one was picked up at Consumers Distribution at Dufferin Mall 20 years ago! Haha, I'm such a fossil...



No comments:

Post a Comment